We are able to offer (our happy couples and event organisers) a home from home at our self-contained accommodation located within the grounds of Grittleton House. As part of our unique facility we can sleep up to 41 adults, for those with children under the age of 16 family rooms with bunk beds are also available.
The sympathetically converted Victorian Stables are located on the edge of the estate comprise of the Clock Tower and the Mews, both of which are positioned around a central cobbled courtyard. The accommodation offers 20 ensuite bedrooms (all with showers), arranged over the ground and first floors. There is also a charming wood panelled lounge and large breakfast room, offering a simple contrast to the grandeur of the ‘Big House’. The Old Stables is accessed via a private track (spare sensible shoes advised) and offers its own ample parking and plenty of outdoor space.
Breakfast at the Tower House
We look forward to welcoming you and your guests for breakfast the morning after. This is a very sociable time, with guest recounting their favourite stories from the night before. You can enjoy a hearty full English breakfast with unlimited extras.
The Old Stables Comprises of the following
- 11 double bedrooms (family rooms available)
- 6 twin bedrooms (family rooms available)
- 1 quad bedroom
- 1 twin disabled access bedroom
- 1 single room
- Lounge with TV & Free SAT
- Large breakfast room
- Outdoor space & furniture
- Ample private parking
The Old Stables is also provided with the following;
- Tea & coffee available from the breakfast room 24/7
- Towels & bathroom toiletries
- Iron & ironing board
- Guest fridge
- The Old Stables is available for exclusive hire on the night of your event at £1100.
- Breakfast is chargeable at £10 per adult and £7 for 2 – 10 year olds. All guests to participate in breakfast.
- Travel cots or cribs can be accommodated in some of our rooms (please refer to the below accommodation overview for details). Please note we are unable to provide travel cots.
- Additional nights may be available by arrangement
For a more detailed look at the accommodation click here
To confirm your booking email firstname.lastname@example.org. A deposit of £400 is required to reserve the accommodation for your wedding night. Final payment and guests names are required no later than 2 weeks prior to your booking date.
If you are a guest invited to a celebration, please direct your enquiries to the special couple or event organiser, we are not able to accept bookings from third parties.
Additional Accommodation – Should you require any additional accommodation here are a few suggestions for B&Bs and hotels within a five mile radius click here
Terms & Conditions
- The accommodation is booked exclusively and in its entirety, except in certain pre-agreed circumstances
- Breakfast will be provided for all guests
- Your booking is not valid until the deposit has been received and booking confirmed
- All payments are non-refundable
- Cancellations within 6 month pay in full (excluding breakfast)
- Cancellations within two week’s pay in full including breakfast
- Guests are the responsibility of the bridal party/event organiser (this includes any damages or additional cleaning costs that may be incurred) this will be charged to the bridal party/event organiser and can be deducted from the deposit.
- Smoking is not permitted inside any building there will be a £250 fine.
- Lost belongings – whilst every effort will be made to return any items found, Grittleton House will not accept any liability for any items lost by the hirer or its party whilst using our facilities
- Vehicles parked on the premises are left at their own risk